We are always seeking talented self-starters with a strong work ethic, a desire to learn new skills and build on existing ones. If you see a position not listed here but are interested in working for a company like ours and ready for the next step in your career, please contact us.
Position: Senior Systems Engineer (Cloud Specialty)
Vista IT Solutions is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer that has a passion for working with the latest technologies, loves to solve problems, focused on delivering solutions that solve customers’ business challenges, and thrives in a team environment. We have many engineers that had many years of Microsoft IT environments, but were mostly traditional on-premises solutions and didn’t have much cloud experience. We know cloud and can teach you, but you need to have the drive and passion to learn the future of IT services. If you learn by building out labs, trial and error, and love to pick the brains of smart people, then it sounds like you’d be a cool fit!
- Design and configure Windows servers, including stand alone and Virtualized Environments, to support application implementations, migrations, and transformation initiatives.
- Leverage the right monitoring tools to keep up with SLAs of platform performance & latency using alerts/metrics
- Providing consulting and professional services to clients.
- Vulnerability & Patch management process development
- Ability to develop continuity management procedures, and to plan, & execute on disaster recovery exercises
- Develop tools, & processes to automate and improve quality of deployment activities.
- Provide configuration recommendations and assistance to other solution deployment team members to include troubleshooting and de-bugging support for implementation projects and initiatives.
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability through proactive infrastructure life cycle management and monitoring.
- Provide direct support in daily network and systems operations including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- BS or MS or Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management, or Information Systems
- 3-5 years of overall experience in Cloud software / platform solution implementation
- Demonstrate knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and Virtualization
- Microsoft Server Administration
- ITIL Service Operations Methodology (Release, Change, Event, Problem, Capacity, etc. Management)
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Experience with FedRAMP, Active Directory, IIS, SSO (LDAP, SAML), VPN, Storage, Business Continuity/Backup
- Certification or expertise in one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) is preferred.
- Research new technologies, products, tools and protocols to support evolution of network infrastructure and support systems.
Core Values Match:
- We do better together than alone (teamwork)
- Do what you say and then some (accountability & initiative)
- Eager to serve (motivated & engaged)
- Genuinely cares about others (respect)
- Do the right thing…even when it hurts (ethical)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Self-motivated and competitive
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and getting it right the first time
- Strong learning aptitude and ability to learn new technologies independently
- An analytical problem solver who will roll up their sleeves to work with and for our team
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing and can translate tech speak to clients
- Deadline driven and one who enjoys change and variety
- Accurate, precise and thorough in their day-to-day execution of projects and tasks
- No sponsorship / must be US citizen
- No H1B Visas
- No relocation assistance
- Candidates are required to pass a drug test & background check before beginning employment
Great teamwork, family atmosphere, and a values-driven culture can be expected when joining our team. We are looking for that special individual that understands what it takes to be successful in our industry and is looking for a great team to call “home” for the long-term.
Vista IT Solutions offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, bonus opportunities, and a benefits package that includes a health care plan, dental, 401k with match, casual dress, PTO and paid holidays. We are a highly collaborative team that enjoys working together, performs well and celebrates successes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $66,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits with 100% company match
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.